Sivan Design was awarded a new contract with ZESCO
Sivan Design was just awarded a new contract with ZESCO for the supply, installation, testing, user training and commissioning of GIS.
ZESCO – Zambia Electricity Supply Corporation Limited – is a state-owned power company in Zambia; the largest power company producing about 80% of the electricity consumed in the country.
The GIS will be the foundation that will integrate with every spatial-data dependant operational and analytical systems, including; Network Analysis, Network Planning, Design and SCADA/DMS/OMS, New Customer Connection Management, Network Analysis, Planning, Design, Construction, Asset and Mobile Workforce Management.
The scope of work involves:
· Supply of Open electric utility GIS software conforming to Open GIS standards.
· Developing/ customizing a GIS software application for integration of single line diagrams of the distribution network with updated customer related data and network attribute data for distribution planning, data analysis and reporting facilities
- Electrical Network Analysis Application Software,
- Planning, Design & Construction including the associated workflow and
- Energy Audit application software.
· Implementation of GIS system using data from Open ++ Opera and customer – transformer links database from an existing DMS and CMS respectively.
· Coordination with the relevant suppliers of the existing corporate system to integrate with the GIS application.
· Training of ZESCO personnel on the software applications.
· Annual maintenance of software for 5 Years.