CivilCAD 2012 - Essential Toolkit for Civil Professionals
Innovation is the Key!
With its vast experience in developing CAD software for civil engineers worldwide, Sivan Design released CivilCAD 2012, the latest version for its awards winning road design software, a real breakthrough for civil engineers. CivilCAD 2012 Solution Suite, the ultimate plan and design tools for civil engineering professionals, offers roads planning and design, upper and underground infrastructure design and pipes layout tools, intelligent and sensible earthworks calculations, and cross platforms surveying data handling capabilities. Combining fully integrated system tools, high-speed results and unsurpassed usability, CivilCAD 2012 brings the new generation in civil engineering to a new and unprecedented level of competence and cost-effectiveness.
Innovative Design Capabilities
CivilCAD 2012 software integrates unique and professional tools for easier, faster and more precise designing and surveying:
- NEW Materials and thickness - sub layers associated with existing, structure and design layers are differentiated in the cross section and displayed according to the defined material and thickness
- NEW Road segment changes - Changes made to a certain segment of the road’s alignment geometry are automatically reflected in the vertical alignment
- NEW Visibility evaluation - Unique and advanced visibility evaluation mechanism with DWG export and reporting capabilities
- NEW Overlapping adjustment - automatic alert and delete mechanism of an overlapping area between two topography surfaces
- NEW Automatic road segments recognition – new ability automatically recognizes subsequent road segments that can be automatically joined and combined for simple centerline creation
- NEW Ability to extend existing road design – unique feature able to obtain existing road information and automatically compute centerline extension parameters to any specified length for effortless future planning
- NEW Separated layers in horizontal alignment – in order to meet increasing authorities demands, new feature has been added allowing the ability to separate complex layout information into particular layers. Such layers may contain slopes incline, left edges, right edges, left ditch, right ditch etc.
- NEW Visual indication of cut/fill extents – clearly highlighting extreme points heights in road’s horizontal alignment
- Underground and upper ground utilities display in cross sections – including detailed information of diameter, depth, and positioning of pipes and cables
- 3D driving simulation - Simulate actual driving in 3D – highly credible and accurate 3D simulation can be created in a single mouse click using Civil Simulate. Widely used throughout the design process, from visualizing conceptual plans even in preliminary design stage, via performing accurate measurements, to trailing objects for visibility and line of sight checks in detailed designed roads, Civil Simulate is a must have tool to achieve better results through better visualization
- Vertical alignment design in a complete AutoCAD environment – combining data tables and advanced design tools
- The most advanced retaining walls design tool in the world – complete design capabilities of wall elements including horizontal alignment, profile, and dimensions, attachment of a wall to a road and their integration (presentation of the road's precise distances on the wall's profile, presentation of the walls in exact dimensions on the road's cross-sections), automatic profile design via definition of the wall's minimum height for cut and fill, definition of walls dimensions as a function of its height (or fixed dimensions), and more
- Complex urban roads design – design and extraction of the cross-sections directly from the layout (by defining the initial side-slopes), projection of 3D/2D lines onto the cross-sections, a special mechanism for underground infrastructures adjustment, and presentation of existing asphalt borders
- Wide range of capabilities in automatic cross-sections design – side ditches definition for cut/fill and in-between situations, berms design, various side-slopes definition by the height (cut/fill), automatic projection of beside roads land-development on the cross sections and many more
- Drainage, Sewage and Water – supply detailed design including pipelines alignment and layout (for both manholes and pipes). Profile design with a special interface that enables definition of the pipe's depth, IL, manholes size, automatic reception of the existing and the road's designed level, crossings infrastructure presentation in the sections, quantity report production, manholes and detailed report production
Additional features include quantities calculations in various methods, including separation into several layers, quick and easy creation and calculation of setting out points, communication with all available measuring tools, a special mechanism for editing and adjustment of RAW (Observation) files, and so on.
Innovative Work Environment and User Experience
CivilCAD 2012 Solution Suite enfolds Autodesk® AutoCAD® working environment with supplementary set of advanced design tools for civil engineering professionals allowing time-consuming tasks to be done effortlessly and accurately. CivilCAD 2012 is not an AutoCAD Add-in application and therefore is not restricted by AutoCAD in any way such as menus loading, LISP and commands loading in every new project etc.
CivilCAD 2012 Solution Suite consists of five profession based versions to match user's requirements avoiding overwhelming and complex work environment and resulting in intuitive and exceptionally easy to operate user interface.
CivilCAD 2012 introduces a user friendly and intuitive task based interface, allowing the engineer to easily locate looked-for commands using intelligent contextual toolbars and menus.
CivilCAD 2012 is based on a new highly professional Microsoft® Windows® interface that is up to standard with the most advanced Windows software known today.
Innovative Elements Integration
CivilCAD 2012 fully integrates between all system features including design elements, calculations, work processes and drawings, all dynamically linked and instantly updated upon every change, to achieve maximum productivity and rapid project output.
- Interactive updates between horizontal alignment, vertical alignment, cross sections, layout, volumes, drainage pipelines layout, drainage pipelines profiles, retaining walls behavior (if exist) etc.
- Quick earthworks balancing in site development and reservoirs design
- Immediate updates between RAW file (observation file), coordinates file, map lines and blocks that were drawn based on surveyed coordinates and topography/contour lines
- Integration between the alphanumeric data and the drawing via the "open database" approach to all the design elements (alignment, profile, cross sections etc.), enabling tabular data updates and their manipulation on the drawings and vice-versa
- Interactive updates between underground infrastructure's layout (sewage, drainage, water, electricity, gas etc.), profile, quantities and related reports (flow charts, manholes table etc.)
CivilCAD 2012 Solution Suite consists of the following profession based packages:
CivilCAD 2012-Survey - Surveying and COGO calculations
CivilCAD 2012-Standard - Topography, land development and volumes calculations
CivilCAD 2012-Roads - Roads construction and design
CivilCAD 2012-Pipes - Water, oil, gas, cables etc. engineering solutions
Civil Simulate - Real time 3D simulation at a single click